Sunday, December 10, 2006

.through fortune and fame we fall.

it's almost 7 a.m.

i know, i know. most you know it's pretty much a sin for me to up this early. but...da dada da...i start my job/internship with the Columbus Dispatch today!! i'm super excited, and super motivated, which is why i woke up about 45 minutes ago and haven't been able to go back to sleep.

well, another reason for that is i'm terrified of being late.

saturday night i had a string of very strange dreams, but the last one was the classic "late for the first day of work dream." so, when i actually woke up (and i'm very out of it and disoriented when i first wake up, as most of you also know) i looked at my phone and the time was 9:08 a.m. well, i panicked. i jumped out of bed, put my contacts in, ran around to find my clothes, thinking up excuses to tell the editor, and realized i hadn't brought up my suitcases from the car yet, so i had nothing up there. i was about to start crying.

then i realized it was only sunday.

yes, this really happened. i was cracking up. but it was probably a good thing, it keeps me on my toes.

so yesterday i spent all day exploring columbus. i've been here a fair number of times, but only for one or two days at a time, so i don't know how to get around that well. so i used mapquest and printed out a route for myself. i figured out where the dispatch was, took a break at starbucks, and found out where the nearest target is. which also led me to old navy and barnes 'n' noble (not good). then i tried going out to trader joe's (i'm in desperate need of food haha), but ended up taking the wrong way twice, and it was dark, so i gave up. i'm going to make another attempt today.

i love exploring cities. so columbus isn't exactly nyc, but it's still fun to walk/drive aroud and learn how to get places.

well, i should probably get up and get ready. i'm going to leave super early, just to be safe!

wish me luck!



xoxo.m

5 comments:

Leah said...

ps-except you don't hate your job. lol.

Unknown said...

I have exactly enough time to do NOTHING! I can't even have an English MUFFIN!

In your case, it sounds like you don't have food anyway, especially not English Muffins. Good luck finding groceries. See you in a few days!

Unknown said...

Yes, this is your publication talking, NOT lizzle.

Leah said...

haha liz, i love you!

Meghan said...

haha you girls are crazy!!!
but i love you <3