Saturday, May 12, 2007

.i've got a hunger twisting my stomach into knots.

it's officially official. i will be interning in new york city this summer with food & wine magazine and mediabistro.com. i'm so so SO excited i can hardly stand it. i will be at food & wine mon-wed and then at mediabistro thur-fri, and covering events some nights and weekends. i also might be doing some freelance work in second life for ouwb, which would be some nice extra cash. my goal this summer is to hopefully make a little money instead of lose it.

of course i'll be in nyc so i'll be doing more than working, i hope :-p a ton of my friends are going to be there this summer. my 21st birthday is at the end of june. yay :) and i do not intend on missing warped this year, especially since coheed is playing!!!

things are looking up in that department for sure.

as for school, i adore my classes this quarter, even if they can be a little exhausting, especially political islam. trying to sort out the problems in the middle east isn't an easy task even for experts. soul of athens is shaping up amazing, and we just finished filming in second life and are waiting for ryan to do the edits. i recruited andy to help us out since he has an account, and it was so fun. i hadn't laughed that hard in a long time.

however, it really started hitting me yesterday that a lot of my good friends will be graduating. and no offense to anyone else, but i'm going to miss lizzle. a lot :( i'm super happy for her about her new job. but i think what i'm scared about is i saw how my friendships from home fell off after i left.

liz has become one of my absolute best friends and i have no intentions of letting us fall out of touch. she's a beautiful, strong, independent, creative, hilarious person to be around, and she's been by my side since the first day i moved to athens. of course, at that time i wasn't sure we were going to become so close. but over the course of three years we did. she's one of those people you just want to stay in your life. and i'm so proud of her and i wish her the best. but athens and ou won't be the same without her.

well i didn't mean to go into this drawn out "tribute to lizzle," but it needed to be done at some point.

i just wish i could come back to see her graduate :( plus, bill freakin' clinton is speaking! how crazy is that? and i could see jules and michael and tina all graduate. ugh, i wish it was just one weekend sooner!!!

hint: someone needs to post this on youtube ;)

but, we still have a few more weeks to go. in that time i have to do a 15-page paper, a 10-page essay, a big design project, finish up soul of athens promotions, along with finishing speakeasy's redesign and planning the party (save the date: thursday, may 31). not to mention have to pack and move out.

it's going to be a little crazy. but when are things not?

ps. next wednesday is journalism day. woo! and i'll be introducing the common language project at 9 a.m. in baker ballroom.check me out.



xoxo.m

1 comment:

Benz said...

OK. I'll play the old dude offering advice: Your college friendships end after college only if you allow them to. I graduated in 1984 and still am in close touch with most of my college friends 23 years later. But it takes work.

Also, I've lived all over the country during the past couple of decades, and I've managed to stay in touch with most of my key friends from each place I've lived.

Post cards. E-mail. Phone. Use them. Don't wait for your friend to write or phone. And don't think "It's her turn to write; I did last time." It's always your turn. Make the effort. It's worth it.

Want proof: Check out the geezers whom my wife snuck into Tennessee to surprise me for my 40th birthday a few years ago:
http://www.opposable-thumbs.com/40th_birthday/imagepages/image21.shtml

And good luck in New York this summer. You'll slay 'em ...