Sunday, November 19, 2006

.and if your night unplugs its life.

first of all - the new bloggerbeta has screwed me over. i love it. but it somehow merged my personal blog with my school project, and changed my profile. not cool, and i'm still in the process of trying to convert it. so bear with me.

secondly - i'm home! words cannot describe how ready i was to come home. i've been starting to associate too many bad feelings with athens, including stress, being overwhelmed and insane, just to name a few, that i needed to get out of there for a while. after a quarter of pretty much no sleep and putting in days where i would go almost nonstop from 9 a.m. to the wee hours of the morning, i'm pretty much finished with everything: final buddhism paper, J492 case study + bibliography and timelines, J314 final and final blog project and my film script and scriptbook. yes, it was a hectic few days, but i'm done. i love saying that. i'm done.

now we come to winter break. i've been scrambling for the last month trying to find something to do, along applying for a few internships for next summer. i decided to take a 1-week course at OU - computer assisted reporting. it's almost never offered and i have a feeling it's going to be an incredible class. from dec. 4-8 we go from 9-5 every day. should be fun. then after that i'll be moving up to columbus because...da dada da...i'll be working for the
columbus dispatch! i'm so excited. the work is going to be amazing and i'll actually be getting paid! *shock*. then after that it's back home for christmas. then NYC for some new years action before i go back to school. crazy, but when is my life not these days?

and can i just say, i love the holidays.
pretty much.

now back to being home. it's the greatest feeling walking back into my house with all my stuff. no matter what changes, my parents are always there with a huge hug and happy to see me. brother is walking around making me laugh. and molly is shaking with excitement that i'm actually there. and even though i am definitely no adverse to change, but it is nice knowing there's always that constant. it's a relief after a quarter of going non-stop every day, expounding so much energy, for something i love and enjoy, but tiring nontheless, and barely having time to keep up with anyone, it's so nice to come home and set that weight off my shoulders for a while. even if i'm still dealing with things, it's a lot easier and clearer when i'm home.

well, that's me actually being content right now. don't get used to it.



xoxo.m

No comments: